Officer State School was opened in the year 1886. It started off with only 20 students, 1 teacher and only one 23 feet by 9 feet classroom.
In 1913 the school building was severely burnt. The fire was started by an electrical fault in the ceiling of the senior room. The school was on vacation at the time and the building had not been occupied for a week.
The existing school was was erected in 1962. There was an enrolment of 93 pupils in 1978. As the years passed, and with more enrolments, additional classrooms were added.
Officer Primary School has developed beautiful grounds and retained a wonderful school atmosphere in a local area undergoing development.